1/4 cup of chocolate flavored beef protein (I used Paleo Protein)
1/4 cup of vanilla vegan protein (I used Thorne vegan protein, its a blend of pea and brown rice proteins)
1 cup liquid egg whites
3 Tablespoons of plain unsweetened greek yogurt or almond yogurt (I love Kite Hill Brand)
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
1 teaspoon of baking soda
2 Tbsp of granulated Stevia or monk fruit
1 Tbsp organic honey
2 Tbsp pure cocoa powder
1/3 bar of 70% cocoa (or any % you like) dark chocolate bar
*OPTIONAL – Chocolate sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Set aside chocolate bar
3. Blend all other ingredients with an immersion or hand blender
4. Pour the batter in a greased donut tray. I used a silicon pan.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean
6. Once baked. Let them cool for 5-10 minutes.
7. Place chocolate bar in a sauce pan or microwave safe bowl and warm until melted, stop and stir every 15-20 seconds so it does not burn!
8. Place the donuts on a piece of parchment paper.
9. Drizzle or dunk them in the the dark chocolate. Add sprinkles if desired.
10. place in freezer for 10 minutes to set the chocolate.
11. Remove the donuts from the freezer and place in a glass or BPA free container.
SERVINGS: Makes 8-9 Donuts
MACROS: 105 Kcals Protein 10g Carbs 7g Fat 3.5g (with out sprinkles)